How To Get Into The Middle Splits
By Shane Dowd , CES, CMP
Want To Do The Middle Splits?
Today's video will give you 2 kick-butt principles you can use to do the splits.
This video stems from my direct personal experience struggling with the middle splits.
Stretch. FAIL. Stretch. FAIL. Stretch FAIL.
You see, I have "bad bone shapes" (cam morphology, labral tear, cysts.)
I'm actually NOT built for the splits.
However, I learned how to work around my disadvantages, conquer the splits and now I'm sharing my "splits secrets" with you!
🧐Specifically, in this video you will learn:
- How to prevent "outer hip pinch" in the middle splits?
- How to keep the feet FLAT when doing the middle splits?
- How to get into the DEEP middle splits with 2 key principles
- Why "twerking" (yes...like what you see in rap videos) HELPS
- How you can use your HANDS like people use BANDS for mobility?
- What is "hip centration" and how do you use it to prevent impingement?
Enjoy the video!
About The Author
Shane Dowd, CES, CMP is the owner/founder of GotROM.com. He is also a sports performance & mobility coach specializing in injury prevention and flexibility for athletes.